The Ultimate Antimicrobial Product for Seafood Processing
Control microbial and enzymatic activity while promoting positive organoleptics and shelf life extension.
KEEPER® is an FDA and FSIS approved [21 CFR 173.325] antimicrobial agent that is used to eliminate pathogens, extend shelf life and improve quality in seafood. KEEPER® is approved in water and ice that are used to rinse, wash, thaw, transport and store seafood.
- Meet the required efficacy without altering flavor
- Develop and maintain your reputation for quality products
- Gain confidence of USDA inspectors by using the most trusted antimicrobial intervention technology
- Integral component of your HACCP Plan
The KEEPER® antimicrobial intervention program is simple to use and is highly effective against Salmonella, E. coli 0157:H7, Listeria and many other pathogens of concern. KEEPER® is trusted by inspectors as part of a successful HACCP Compliance program.
With Bio-Cide International’s patented delivery technology, KEEPER® allows you to use the same chemistry from ship to shore.
KEEPER® was developed by Bio-Cide International, the world-wide leader in acidified sodium chlorite antimicrobial technologies. Bio-Cide’s KEEPER® is activated at the time of use to produce the uniquely effective, food grade sanitizer, chlorine dioxide. When activated, KEEPER® is added during processing and transporting to wash or rinse water and ice.
KEEPER® is the most effective, fast acting, broad-spectrum antimicrobial available.
KEEPER® has been shown to be more effective than nine other common sanitizers including quaternary ammonia, Iodophors, Peracetic acid and sodium hypochlorite (chlorine). KEEPER® provides a comprehensive antimicrobial intervention program.
The active ingredient in KEEPER® is Stabilized Chlorine Dioxide. To increase the speed of kill and efficacy of KEEPER®, the pH of the solution can be reduced with any Food Grade GRAS acid to activate the stabilized chlorine dioxide.
Activation may be accomplished manually in low volume as batch applications; or with BCI's hands-free, low cost AANE unit (nonelectric), the Wall Mount Activation System, or the on-line activation system OLAS Ti that combines activation with injection into water streams on the fly.
- Ultra high, broad spectrum antimicrobial activity
- Prevents formation of biofilm
- Low toxicity
- Low corrosion potential
- No chlorination or THM formation
- Effective over a broad pH range (1-10)
- FDA approved up to 50 ppm as sodium chlorite
- Can be used in water and ice
- Resists neutralization due to organic load
- No effect on organoleptic properties
- No effect on nutritional quality
- Only seafood consumed raw requires a potable water rinse
- Not reportable on label
- KOSHER certified
- Economical to use
- Can be used with automated delivery systems