KEEPER® Red Meat
The Ultimate Antimicrobial Product for Red Meat Processing
Control microbial activity while promoting organoleptic advantages and shelf-life extension.
KEEPER® is an FDA and FSIS approved [21 CFR 173.325, USDA FSIS Directive 7120.1 & FCN 450] antimicrobial agent that is used to eliminate pathogens, extend shelf-life and improve the quality of red meat products. KEEPER® is approved as acidified sodium chlorite (ASC) for the processing of red meat carcasses, parts and organs, and for processed, comminuted, and formed meats as a component of a spray or dip at concentrations up to 1200 ppm, and at or near a neutral pH.
Use KEEPER® as a processing aid to:
- Maximize microbial control
- Extend shelf-life
- Meet the required efficacy without altering or destroying the organoleptics of products
- Develop and maintain your reputation for quality products
- Gain confidence of USDA inspectors by using the most trusted antimicrobial intervention technology
- Upgrade your HACCP Plan
The KEEPER® antimicrobial intervention program is simple to use and is highly effective against Salmonella, E. coli 0157:H7 and many other pathogens of concern. KEEPER® is trusted by inspectors as part of a successful HACCP Compliance program.
With Bio-Cide International’s patented delivery technology, KEEPER® allows you to use the same chemistry from slaughterhouse to packaging.
KEEPER® was developed by Bio-Cide International, the world-wide leader in acidified sodium chlorite antimicrobial technologies. KEEPER® is activated at the time of use to produce the uniquely effective sanitizer, chlorine dioxide. KEEPER® is the most effective broad-spectrum antimicrobial available.
KEEPER® is the most effective, fast acting, broad-spectrum antimicrobial available.
KEEPER® has been shown to be more effective than other common sanitizers including peracetic acid and sodium hypochlorite (chlorine). KEEPER® provides a comprehensive antimicrobial intervention program.
The active ingredient in KEEPER® is Acidified Sodium Chlorite. To increase the speed of kill and efficacy of KEEPER®, the pH of the solution shall be reduced with any Food Grade GRAS acid to activate the acidified sodium chlorite.
Activation may be accomplished manually for low-volume batch applications. BCI offers the hands-free, low cost, non-electric AANE unit and the on-line activation system OLAS Ti for continuous injection into water streams.
- Fast-acting, broad spectrum antimicrobial activity
- Prevents formation of biofilm
- Low toxicity
- Low corrosion potential
- No chlorination or THM formation
- Effective over a broad pH range (1-10)
- FDA approved
- Can be used as dip or spray
- Can be used at or near neutral pH
- Resists neutralization due to organic load
- No adverse effect on taste
- No effect on nutritional quality
- Exempt from labeling requirements
- Approved for carcass, parts, comminuted and RTE red meat products
- KOSHER certified
- Cost competitive