ProOxine is a highly refined blend of oxychloro species containing purified sodium chlorite. When activated, chlorine dioxide is produced, greatly enhancing ProOxine’s antimicrobial activity. With applications in the food processing and water treatment industries, ProOxine displays broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity, proven effective against E. coli O157:H7, Salmonella, Aspergillus, Listeria, Staphylococcus and Pseudomonas, among others. This product is especially suited for the removal and subsequent control of biofilm. ProOxine has a myriad of EPA and FDA approvals.
Activation involves lowering the pH of the concentrate with any GRAS acid. Activation may be accomplished manually (low volume or batch applications); with BCI's inexpensive hands-free activation unit, AANE (Automated, Activation, Non-Electric) system; with BCI's On-line Activation System (OLAS), which combines activation with injection into a water stream on the fly; or by an alternate method recommended by your ProOxine distributor.
See technical data sheet for more details.
- Ultra high antimicrobial activity
- Low corrosion potential at use concentrations
- Does not chlorinate (no THM formation)
- Effective over a broad pH range (1-10)
- Uniquely effective against biofilm
- Resists neutralization due to organic load
- Very soluble in water
- Disinfectant (activated)
- Bacteriostat (unactivated)
- Excellent deodorant
- Very low acute toxicity (EPA Cat. III)
- Non-flammable, non-explosive, stable solution
- NFPA Rating: Fire: 0 Health: 1 - Reactivity: 1 - Special: None