Metgard RP-20 is a water soluble, amine carboxylate, corrosion inhibitor that will provide excellent corrosion inhibition at low concentration levels. Metgard RP-20 dries to a light, clear film that prevents the atmosphere from contacting the parts. At low end concentrations the resulting film allows the application of many foams currently applied to steel in the automotive industry. Metgard RP-20 is safe on all metals but is primarily designed for use on steel. Metgard RP-20 may stain zinc and may darken copper and brass. Metgard RP-20 is also bioresistant to a majority of the organisms that attack organic based fluids.
- Film formation is non-oily/non-tacky
- Formulated to promote adhesion for foam and labels
- No white powdery residue left behind at any concentration
- 5% v/v passes 177 hrs of 100% relative humidity per ASTM D 2247-92 and GM4465P
- 5% v/v passes 158 hrs of water fog per ASTM D 1735-97
- Rejects oils
Product Safety Information
Do Not Ingest. Product may be harmful if swallowed. Metgard RP-20 is an alkaline product and the concentrate may irritate skin and eyes. Gloves and splash goggles should be worn when handling product. For full safety and first aid information consult MSDS on this product prior to use.